Awards & Recognition
- "I remember getting to the Hope House around lunch time and being amazed at the food they had to eat. Then I was led to my room. Here I was, sitting on a bed with a real mattress and a dust ruffle. No longer did I have to lie on a metal bunk with a thin sheet and no pillow. Every day just kept getting better. I appreciated everything that was given to me and constantly prayed, thanking God for the second chance he had given me. The staff at Hope House immediately took me under their wing. They loved me when I could not love myself and brought me out of the worst situation that anyone could ever find themselves in: the feeling of hopelessness. For this I will be forever indebted to them." Jamila - Hope House Residential Alumni
- “When I entered the Hope House I had literally had no hope. I took a chance because I felt I had nothing else to lose. It turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. It has been 4 years now and my life is so different. I have been clean and sober, I’m working and I got my daughter back. I never would have thought all of this was even possible. Hope House was there when I needed help the most and they helped me change my life.” Maria - Hope House Residential Alumni
- “I live in Mike’s house, transitional housing for men. I have been there for a while and they have not given up on me. I am still having difficulty getting used to my depression medications, so it is hard for me to move ahead too fast. I have been in and out of jail and have struggled with my addiction for nine years. Luckily, I have not taken anything for almost seven months and I am working part-time. Because of everything going on right now, I have been laid off from my job. They are working with me to find another one and have been supportive every step of the way. Without their housing program I would be on the streets.” Jack - Hope House Men's Transitional Resident
- “I would not have been able to accomplish all I have in the past six years if I hadn't had the opportunity to live in the men's Transitional Houses. I was there for two years and was able to save for a car, which allowed me to get a better job and go to school part time. I just celebrated six years of sobriety! I am still working as I am an essential worker and I am grateful every day. Even though I graduated five years ago, knowing the Hope House staff is there for me has helped me stay on my path in recovery.” Paul - Hope House Men's Transitional Resident
- “Hope House was instrumental in providing my son and I a safe place to begin to build a foundation for our recovery. I am eternally grateful to God and the Hope House for allowing our story to be a powerful testimony of what hope, love and grace can do." Genelle - Hope House Residential Alumni
- "I just wanted to thank you so much for everything you have done for us. Thanks to you, and the Hope House staff, I have been able to turn my life around. I am an honest, respectful, loving person again. I will never be able to thank you enough!! We love you!!" Joe - Men's Hope House Transitional Resident
- "I'm not sure where I would be if not for the Hope House. I came here at the beginning of the COVID and you guys helped me get on my feet, and most importantly gave me a fighting chance at a beautiful life. You guys have gone above and beyond to help me and I just want to say thank you so much." Carlos - Men's Hope House Transitional Resident.
- "I am so grateful for your contributions for this amazing foundation. I'm truly blessed to have a second chance at life." Tyler - Men's Hope House Transitional Resident.
- "Karen, thank you and your wonderful staff for all you do! You may not hear often enough how important you are, you save lives! Thanks so much. Hope we will all be back soon. Love and Peace." Volunteer - Anonymous.