Service League provides post incarceration and re-entry services for Inmates released from the San Mateo County jail within 48 hours of their release. Many of the men and women who are re-entering our community from incarceration struggle with substance abuse, mental and physical health issues, unstable housing situations, legal problems, and social stigma that can make it even more difficult to gain stability. We understand that re-entering the community can be a challenging process. In order to help with this process, we are committed to offering a safety net by providing the following support services.
Drop-in hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM.
If you are in need of services upon your release, please visit our office within 48 hours to see if you qualify for services. Such services include: bus tokens, motel vouchers, food bag, hygiene kits and information on various community resources. Not all services are guaranteed, it is on a case by case basis.
Shelter Referral / Emergency Motel Voucher
- Safe and stable housing will be the first post-incarceration priority. In order to qualify for a motel voucher, inmates must have been in custody for at least 60-days.
- Inmates will be provided 2 SamTrans bus passes.
- Greyhound bus tickets are provided to those from other counties.
Emergency Food Bag
- A variety of dry and canned food items from our food pantry.
- Basic hygiene supplies.
- Clothing donations are available to inmates being released.
- Short-term emergency case management services which provide critically-needed resources in San Mateo County.